Here’s a little challenge that I thought looked like fun!
These are the rules: Pick five, random books by five different authors. Turn to page 52 of each book and post the fifth sentence. Some of them will be easy to identify, but can you guess what the tricky ones are from?
- She freaks me out, and she probably knows it, Rose thought to herself.
- It was so cheerful to be trotting and cantering all together that is always put us in high spirits.
- “Heard ye not how the dogs upbraided me before the whole room?”
- In glowing sentences he painted a picture of Animal Farm as it might be when sordid labour was lifted from the animals’ backs.
- The very next day, however, produced some proof of inspiration.